Here’s What You’ll Find In Our Grocery Carts
Our go-to grocery list for making nutritious meals any day of the week.
Eating healthy is important for maintaining good physical and mental health. One of the most effective ways to ensure that you eat a healthy diet is to cook your meals at home. Keeping your kitchen stocked with essential items allows you to make healthy meals with minimal effort.
Here are essential items you will always find in our grocery carts:
- Flour (all-purpose, whole wheat, or spelt flour)
- Whole wheat pasta
- Quinoa/Brown Rice
- Canned beans (chickpeas or black beans)
- Canned tomatoes
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, or cashews)
- Seeds (chia, flax, or pumpkin seeds)
- Olive oil
- Vinegar (balsamic or apple cider vinegar)
- Spices (cumin, paprika, or turmeric)
- Leafy greens (spinach or kale)
- Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli or Brussels sprouts)
- Sweet potatoes
- Berries (blueberries or strawberries), frozen or fresh
- Lemons or limes
- Fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, or scallions)
With these 20 essential items, you can make a wide range of healthy meals. Here are some of our favorite recipes using these staple ingredients:
It doesn’t stop there. Be sure your pantry is also stocked with the essentials. Not sure what they are? Check out our favorite Ingredients Every Pantry Should Have.
About Ciara Kehoe
Ciara is a writer and food photographer living in Pennsylvania. Her love of writing and food began from a young age and has continued to blossom as she’s worked with a variety of food and recipe companies. Everyday, she’s inspired to learn more in the health and wellness industry to become the best version of herself, and to help others along the way.