Multigrain Pancakes with Blackberry Maple Syrup
Fluffy pancakes that are both tasty and good for you.
- 5 - 6 pancakes
- 1½ Cups sugar
- 1 1.59-ounce package no-cook freezer jam fruit pectin
- 4 Cups crushed blackberries (about six 6-ounce containers fresh or three 12-ounce bags frozen blackberries, thawed)
- 5 8-ounce freezer jars (mason)
- ¾ Cup Arrowhead Mills® Multigrain Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ½ Cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, soy milk, rice milk or water
- 1 Cup maple syrup
- Stir sugar and contents of pectin package in a bowl until well blended.
- Add blackberries. Stir 3 minutes. Reserve ½ cup jam. Set aside.
- Ladle remaining jam into clean jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
- Stir pancake mix, oil and milk in a medium bowl until lumps disappear.
- Cook on preheated (375°F – 400°F) lightly oiled griddle or pan, turning when bubbles form on surface and edges begin to dry.
- Heat maple syrup in a medium microwaveable bowl for 1 minute or until warmed. Stir in reserved ½ cup blackberry jam.