Red Velvet Heart Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 ¾ – 4 cups Arrowhead Mills Organic All-Purpose Flour, plus more for rolling
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Whole Milk (110℉)
- 1 package (2 ¼ teaspoons) Active Dry Yeast
- 2 large Eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Salted Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Fine Kosher Salt
- Organic Red Food Coloring
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons Salted Butter, softened
- In a stand mixer, combine all the dough ingredients except for the butter and food dye. Knead until a dough just begins to form. Add enough food dye for desired color. Knead on medium-low speed for 5-6 minutes. On low, add butter one tablespoon at a time. Increase speed to medium, and continue to knead for about more 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise at room temp until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Punch down the dough and roll out into a 16 x 20 rectangle. Spread 6 tablespoons softened butter evenly over the rolled dough. Sprinkle on mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Roll on the short end gently but tightly. Cut into 12 equal pieces. Cut a slit into the middle of each roll without slicing all the way across the roll. Twist the tops outward to reveal the spiral. Pinch the bottom to create a more defined heart shape. Place onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet leaving about 1 inch between each roll. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 350℉ preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle on your favorite cream cheese icing and serve!