Chai Coffee Cake
- 9 - 12 servings
- 1 cup Arrowhead Mills Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1 cup Arrowhead Mills Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Gluten-free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Chai Powder
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter (1 stick), softened
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon Fine Kosher Salt
- ½ cup packed Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Chai Powder
- Pinch Salt
Oat Streusel Topping
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar, lightly packed (light or dark brown)
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Oat Flour
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8×8 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crumb topping with a fork; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the ingredients for the cinnamon swirl; set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chai spice.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing in between each egg.
- Add ½ the flour and mix until just combined. Mix in buttermilk and remaining flour.
- Pour ½ the batter into the pan, add cinnamon swirl, and top with the last ½ of batter. Crumble the crumb topping over the batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Allow the cake to cool before serving.