- Gluten Free
- Our Standards
- About Us
Sauteed Trout with Almond-Butter Sauce
The delicate flavors of trout and almonds blend beautifully.
- 5 Tablespoons unsweetened soy milk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ Tablespoons creamy almond butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- ¹⁄3 c Arrowhead Mills Stoneground Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 trout fillets (6 ounces each), each ½-inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- In a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the soy milk, lemon juice, almond butter, ¼ teaspoon of the salt, and ¹⁄8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Preheat oven to 250° F. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg and the remaining soy milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, remaining salt, and remaining pepper. Dip the trout into the egg mixture, then into the flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Cook the fish in batches, skin side up, until the first side is browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Then cook the second side until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Keep warm on a baking sheet in the oven. Add the remaining oil for the next batch. Serve with the almond-butter sauce.