Raisin Spice Quick Bread
A spicy raisin taste in a light bread that’s easy to prepare.
- 1 Cup Arrowhead Mills Whole Grain Pastry Flour
- 1 Cup Arrowhead Mills Oat Flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 Cup milk (your preference)
- ¼ Cup organic light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons safflower margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Cup raisins (you can add up to a cup if you are a big raisin lover!)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg with the milk, sugar, margarine, and vanilla extract. Pour in the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Fold in the raisins.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.