- Gluten Free
- Our Standards
- About Us
Gluten Free Little Scallion and Cilantro Pancakes
- Makes 32 Horsd'oeuvres
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- ½ Cup wheat free low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger minced increase to 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 Tablespoon scallion greens sliced thinly increase to 2 tablespoons
- ¾ Cup Arrowhead Mills Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- ¼ Cup Arrowhead Mills White Rice Flour
- 1 pinch gluten free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 Cup water
- 1 small thai or serrano chili, halved, seeded and minced
- 1 pinch coarse black pepper
- ¹⁄8 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 4 scallions diagonally sliced (green and light parts)
- 1/4 Cup packed cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger in a bowl.
- Stir in sesame seeds and scallion greens.
Note: Can make dipping sauce one day ahead and serve chilled.
- Whisk flours, salt, baking powder, egg, water, chili, pepper, and sesame oil together in a large bowl (batter will appear to be thin).
- Heat ½ teaspoon of the oil in a small skillet over a moderate heat, but not smoking. In batches, pour one tablespoon measures of the batter onto the hot oil.
- Scatter scallions and cilantro over each pancake, fry underside until golden about 1-2 minutes, flip over pancakes and cook about 1 minute longer.
- Transfer cooked pancakes to paper towel and prepare remaining batter in batches the same way, add more oil as needed.
- Serve warm with chilled dipping sauce.