Gluten Free Kale, Sausage and Quinoa Scramble
- 2 cooked sausage links, cut in ½-inch circles, then quartered (suggest – smoked chorizo sausage)
- 1 spring (about 1 teaspoon) fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 Cups (about 3 leaves) of kale, chopped
- 1 Cup (about 1) red bell pepper
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ½ Cup cooked Arrowhead Mills Quinoa
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 whole eggs
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, add the cut up sausage pieces to a large pan and heat for 3-4 minutes *if bought uncooked, then cook longer. Add fresh thyme and let cook in with the oils from the sausage for a minute or so.
- Add kale, bell pepper, and scallions to the sausage. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the kale and pepper breaks down a bit.
- It doesn’t take long once the oils start to coat and break down the vegetables and kale. Mix in the quinoa and tomatoes.
- Turn the heat off (or remove) and let sit while you prepare the eggs.
- In a separate or clean pan, spray with cooking spray or drizzle a little olive oil. Over medium heat, add eggs directly to the pan, one at a time. With a spatula, mix the eggs together and continue to move them as the cook.
- Remove and add eggs to the sausage and vegetables. Mix to combine. Top with goat cheese, season with salt and pepper, and it’s ready to enjoy!
Note: If you have digestive problems, try soaking the quinoa before you cook it.