- Gluten Free
- Our Standards
- About Us
Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing
Gluten Free Cornbread Ingredients:
- ¾ Cup Arrowhead Mills Organic White Rice Flour
- ¾ Cup Arrowhead Mills Organic Yellow Cornmeal
- ¹⁄3 Cup sugar
- ¼ Cup potato starch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup soy milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 Cups (or one loaf – recipe below) cornbread, cut into cubes
- ¾ Cup pecans, chopped
- 4 large leeks
- 3 small or 2 large celery ribs, diced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ Pound or 2-3 links of sausage, removed from casings (suggest spicy chicken sausage)
- 1 ½ Cups fresh cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Cup parsley, chopped
- 1½ Cup organic free range chicken broth
Gluten Free Cornbread Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 9×9-inch pan with non-stick spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
- Mix together white rice flour, cornmeal, sugar, potato starch, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, soy milk and butter – make sure it has cooled first.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fill baking pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
*Note – You can make the cornbread the day and let it sit out so that it is dry for the stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a baking pan, roast the pecans until golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- To prepare the leeks – cut off both ends, slice down the center and then dice both halves. Do this to all leeks. Place in a strainer and carefully wash off the dirt.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add leeks and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and stir until leeks are cooked, about 15 minutes. Pinch small pieces of the sausage into the skillet and cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- In a separate saucepan, cook cranberries and sugar until the berries begin to pop. Remove from heat.
- In a very large bowl, add cubes of the cornbread. Add the pecans, leeks and sausage mixture, as well as the cranberries and parsley. Mix together. Carefully pour the chicken broth and continue to mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour ingredients into a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour (325°F). For crispy stuffing, remove the foil after 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!