Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie
- 1¼ Cups (12½ ounces) Arrowhead Mills Gluten-Free Baking Mix
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 6 Tablespoons cold margarine, cut into slices
- 4 Tablespoons cold vegetable shortening, cut into slices
- ¹⁄8 Cup cold vodka
- ¹⁄8 Cup cold water
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 container vegan cream cheese
- ½ Cup gluten free peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (or agave nectar)
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 ripe banana (optional)
- 1 Arrowhead Mills Gluten-Free Fudge Brownie Mix
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
To make the crust:
- Place 1 cup of gluten-free baking mix and salt in a food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Add the sliced margarine and shortening and process until the dough begins to collect in uneven clumps (about 15 seconds).
- Add the remaining cup of flour and pulse until the dough is evenly distributed (4 to 6 quick pulses).
- Place the the pie dough mix in a medium bowl.
- You can place the vodka and water on ice to chill them. Pour cold vodka and water over the pie dough mixture and stir until it is well incorporated.
- Press the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- If you’re in a hurry, you can place it in the freezer for 20 – 30 minutes while you prepare the filling.
To make the peanut butter cream cheese filling:
- Place dairy-free cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, corn starch, banana (optional) and water in your food processor bowl.
- Pulse for several seconds until the ingredients are nice and smooth. Set aside.
To make the fudge brownie layer:
- Pour the gluten-free brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, ground flax seed, and corn starch in a medium-size mixing bowl and stir until just combined.
To make the pie:
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- Tear off 2 pieces of large plastic wrap and spray one side of each with vegetable spray. Place the ball of pie crust dough on the sprayed side of the plastic wrap. Top with the other plastic wrap, sprayed side down. Now use a rolling pin to roll out the dough so it just larger than a 9-inch pie pan. Place the dough in the pie pan and crimp the edges.
Spread some of the brownie mixture over the bottom of the pie crust, reserving the majority of the brownie mixture for the top layer.
- Carefully spoon the cream cheese layer over the brownie mixture, spreading it evenly across the pie.
- Layer the remaining brownie mixture on top of the cream cheese layer, being careful to spread it evenly. You may need to wet the spoon from time to time to get the thick brownie mixture to spread.
- Place in the heated oven and bake for 45 – 50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool completely before refrigerating. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.