Fried Cocktail Chicken Drumsticks with Dijon Mustard Dipping Sauce
Party-sized crispy drumsticks partner perfectly with our sweet and tangy homemade Dijon dipping sauce. Try them at your next potluck or holiday gathering!
- 24 chicken drumsticks rinsed
- 1 Cup of Arrowhead Mills Organic Rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Peanut oil for frying
Dijon Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- ½ Cup dijon grainy mustard
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- ½ Cup apple cider vinegar
- ¹⁄3 Cup organic brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven 400°F. Prepare a sheet pan with paper towel.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small saucepan, simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. (Glaze can be refrigerated until ready to use will keep for 3 weeks in refrigerator) Meanwhile heat oil in fryer or deep frying pan until oil reaches 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice flour and spices and dredge chicken drumsticks, shake off excess flour and fry in batches until golden about 5 minutes and drain on paper towel.
- Toss drained drums in 1 cup of prepared glaze. Set all glazed drums on a lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve warm.