Apple Crumble with Toasted-Oat Topping
A heart-warming dessert during the Autumn harvest.
- 6 medium Jonagold or Golden Delicious apples, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ Cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ Cup Arrowhead Mills Organic Old-Fashioned Oatmeal
- 3 Tablespoons toasted Arrowhead Mills Wheat Germ
- 3 Tablespoons packed organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted margarine, cut into small pieces or 2 tablespoons of butter
Note: Can be served with vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the apples and applesauce in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oatmeal, wheat germ, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the oil and butter. Mix with your fingers to form crumbs. Sprinkle the oatmeal mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden and the apples are bubbling.