Amaranth Date Nut Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Soak the dates and amaranth in the water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, honey, and margarine. Stir in the flour, baking powder, pecans, and vanilla extract, mixing well. Stir in the drained dates/amaranth mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove to a rack, and cool completely.